Getting Started with SEO to Achieve High Rank in Search Engine
Search engine optimization (SEO) refers to techniques that help your website rank higher in organic (Un-paid) (or “natural”) search results, thus making your website more visible to people who are looking for your product or service, Articles etc., via search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing).
Introduction to Search Engine Optimization
In order to get indexed and Get high rank in search engines as web master should perform a number of steps known as Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
It is the process of getting more and quality traffic from the search engines? Web pages and other content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users.
Every search engine has its own algorithm for page ranking, but the strategy of optimization for all of them is similar,
other hand, one should refer mainly to the optimization for Google, since it obviously has the
largest number of users.
SEO is all about optimizing a website/Blog for search engines. SEO is a technique for:
- designing and developing a website to rank well in search engine results.
- Increase the volume and quality of traffic to a website from search engines.
- understanding how search algorithms work, and what human visitors might search.
- Some famous Search engines are Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.
SEO is a subset of search engine marketing (SEM). SEO is also referred as SEO copyrighting, because most of the techniques that are used to promote sites in search engines, deal with text.
If you plan to do some basic SEO, it is essential that you understand how search engines work.
What is On-Page and Off-Page SEO?
Conceptually, there are two ways of optimization:
- On-Page SEO – It includes providing good content, good keywords selection, putting keywords on correct places, giving appropriate title to every page, Use meta tags in Head Section of the page etc.
- Off-Page SEO – It includes link building, increasing link popularity by submitting open directories, search engines, link exchange, social bookmark, Promote your content via social channels etc.
We will discuss ON-Page and Off-Page SEO Detail in our other Posts.
SEO techniques are classified into two broad categories:
- White Hat SEO – Is a legal technique for optimizing a website for search engines.
Search engines have defined criteria for white Hat SEO.
- Black Hat SEO – Is an illegal technique which has been used by some spammers who want to cheat search engines by using some bad ways to get quick traffic.
This technique is no longer accepted by any search engine and your website will be banned.
We will discuss White and Black Hat SEO Detail in our other Posts.